Sky Blue is the founding director of Picante Productions. She is also the Director of the Byron Latin Fiesta, the Sydney International Bachata Festival, the Sydney Cuban Salsa Congress and the Melbourne Kizomba Festival.
Sky has studied dance since childhood and always worked on creative projects. Early adulthood saw her travel extensively and pursue studies in design and small business management. She worked within the events industry on corporate and private functions in costume design and theming while at the same time continuing to train as a dancer in Australia and aboard.
In 1999 Sky founded the Sydney based dance school Picante Latin Dance. For 15 years Picante Latin Dance provided dance classes, workshops and private tuition for beginners to advanced dancers and showcased performances at corporate and private functions, festivals and events. Picante Latin Dance has now evolved to become Picante Productions.
In 2006 Sky created the Byron Latin Fiesta, an annual dance festival held in Byron Bay. This was the start of her ongoing career in directing a variety of dance festivals within Australia which are running strongly to this day.
In 2015 Sky completed an Advanced Diploma of Events at Swinburne University.
Sky loves the world of events and dance and is committed to working with both. She has vision and ambition. Her experience, together with great organisational skills and fine attention to detail, ensures events that run smoothly and are an inspiring experience for her clients.
- DIRECTOR, Melbourne Kizomba Festival, 2014 – 2015
- DIRECTOR, Sydney Cuban Salsa Congress, 2010 – 2015
- STAGE MANAGER, New Zealand Salsa Congress, 2009
- DIRECTOR, Sydney International Bachata Festival, 2008 – 2017
- STAGE MANAGER, Sydney Salsa Congress, 2007
- FOUNDER & DIRECTOR, Byron Latin Fiesta, 2006 – 2017
- EVENT COORDINATOR, Australian National Salsa Championships, 2005 – 2006
- EVENT COORDINATOR, Latin Dance Corroboree, 2005
- COSTUME DESIGNER, Sydney Mardi Gras Parade, 2002
- COSTUME DESIGNER, Sydney Olympics Opening Ceremony, 2000
- FOUNDER & DIRECTOR, Picante Latin Dance, 1999 – 2013
To create events that are executed with passion and flare and which create lasting memories. To use great attention to detail with delivery and quality of service so as to leave clients and customers with an exceptional all round experience.
- Promoter for International Musicians Cuban Orchestra: Los Van Van (direct from Cuba ). Bachata singers and groups: 4Ever, Xtreme, Monchy y Nathalia, Domenic Marte, Daniel SantaCruz, Grupo Extra
- Promoter for Bachata Dancers Joanna and Fabrice (France), Tanja and Jorge (USA), Carlos Cinta (USA), Troy and Jorget (USA), Daniel and Desiree (Spain), Judith and Korke (Spain), Seemore and Cristina (Spain), Edwin and Dakota (USA), Jorget (USA)
- Promoter for Cuban Dancers Leysis Smith (Italy/Cuba), Jorge Camaquey (Spain/Cuba), Alevia Rodriguez (Italy/Cuba), Dawes Figueroa (Italy/Cuba), Solangel Fernandez (Germany/Cuba), Janet Fuentes (UK)
- Promoter for Kizomba Dancers Sara Lopez (Spain), Albir Rojas (Spain), Isabelle and Felicien (France), Morenasso and Anais (France), Sika and Khalifa (UK), Tamas (Hungary), Yami and Steffi (France)